Fire Departments Everywhere Are Warning Families To Stop Doing THIS At Bedtime

It’s something most of us regularly do at bedtime every night without thinking twice about it. Before we fall asleep, we plug our phones in near our beds and let them charge overnight. Some of us leave them on the nightstand to charge while others might put them right next to their pillows on their beds.

Leaving Phone Chargers In Your Bed Can Start A Fire

Source

But this seemingly harmless task has fire departments everywhere warning families about the surprising dangers associated with leaving a charging phone on the bed while sleeping. According to a recent report by the Newton, New Hampshire Fire Department, doing so can be near fatal:

Research has revealed that 53% of children/teens charge their phone or tablet either on their bed or under their pillow. This is can be extremely dangerous. The heat generated cannot dissipate and the charger will become hotter and hotter.

The likely result is that the pillow/bed will catch fire. This places the child/teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger. Please check where you & your family charge your mobile devices.

Better Safe Than Sorry, So Move That Phone Off Your Bed

Apparently, the batteries can overheat and a fire could break out. But it’s not only the batteries families should be aware of. Fires can also be started from the cheap chargers purchased at drugstores and convenience stores, which are rumored to sometimes have incompatible wattage, cause electrocution and burns.

Read More About This Important Safety Issue On The Next Page

Comments

comments