After Their Son Unexpectedly Died, Parents Want You To Know The Dangers Of This Everyday Drink

The loss of a child is one of the most heart-breakingly traumatic experiences no parent should ever have to go through. But one boy’s father is hoping that others can learn from the unexpected tragedy that took the life of their 16-year-old son, Davis.

Holding back tears at a press conference, Sean Cripe’s father said: “I stand before you as a brokenhearted father and hope that something good can come from this.”

High School Student Davis Cripe Died After Drinking Too Much Caffeine

Davis went into cardiac arrest at his South Carolina high school after consuming several caffeinated drinks. According to the coroner, a few hours before Davis collapsed, he drank a Mountain Dew, a large latte and an energy drink.

Davis’ Heart Stopped After Drinking Just Three Caffeinated Drinks In A Short Amount Of Time

Source

Doctors say drinking too much caffeine over a short period of time can cause the heart to beat irregularly. The condition, known as cardiac arrhythmia, can be triggered by drinking too much caffeine in a short amount of time.

The same amount of caffeine consumed over a longer period of time might not have such a deadly affect otherwise. According to the Mayo Clinic, the maximum amount of caffeine consumed safely on a daily basis is 400 mg.

The Amount Of Caffeine In Energy Drinks Varies Greatly

Source

The energy drink Biohazard contains 928 mg of caffeine, so that alone is twice the maximum daily amount.

Continue On For More Of This Urgent Story

Written by aimee

Part grammar geek, part art lover, Aimee also has a huge crush on Mother Nature. When she’s not writing and editing snappy content, this shutterbug’s soaking up the sunshine in her hometown of sunny St. Petersburg, Florida.

Comments

comments