When Their Toddler Woke Up Paralyzed, Parents Were Stunned By The Shocking Explanation

The official diagnosis? Tick paralysis. Different than Lyme disease, the tick causes paralysis by a rare reaction to its saliva.

Said The Doctors Dr. Travis Stork: “This neurotoxin hangs out in their salivary glands so while the tick is feeding, that neurotoxin gets into, in this case, Collin’s blood and that leads to what we call an ascending paralysis, which initially starts with the legs and an inability to walk.”

“The minute the tick is removed, shortly thereafter, symptoms will start to improve,” he adds.

Thankfully little Collin is on the road to recovery after such a scary ordeal!

Collin Felt Better Right Away After The Tick Was Removed

3

Source

SHARE this important story with all of your Facebook friends today!

Comments

comments